Thread: Devardi
View Single Post
Old 2014-12-06, 10:17am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi Dane View Post
No offense Paula D. Actually I got it from your own website, and from using the few lauscha rods I know I have, cause they are labeled. Your site describes a very specific annealing schedule that I can't attain as yet, since I don't have a digital annealer.
My statement was not 'lauscha is bad', it was simply that not all glasses play well together.
Pretty fair statement. I like the lauscha I have, but I am saving the rest of it until I have a better kiln. No point wasting it now, is there?

I like the lauscha colors, and lord knows it is easy to handle, I just can't afford that quality to learn on. It's like giving a 16 yr old a Ferrari to drive to school!
I hope you do get to try Lauscha someday with an annealer as it is beautiful glass. You are correct. It does not work well for many without being annealed. It does mix well with almost everything if you reheat your bead before putting it into the annealer and us the annealing schedule. That incompatibility rumor has been going around for a long time and it hurts a lot of innocent people (such as the people that work at Lauscha). And keeps people from trying a nice brand of glass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.