View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 11:02am
boro color bender

The flame is going to be it's hotest when a balance is acheived. When the right amount of both fuels mix efficiently. The flame characteristics are different at every setting. When one thing changes, everything changes. There is a specific setting on every torch that will produce the most heat. Adjusting pressures and valves will give you an endless variety of flame characteristics (reducing, neutral, oxydized, soft, driving... etc). The sweet spot is different for every torch and what works best is not always the hottest... and what creates the hottest flame on one torch certainly won't be right for another. I am just now finding the real sweet spot on my Cuda. It's so hot I can't believe it. It's totally diffent than a super hot GTT flame. It sounds different and it looks different. Play with it and find what works. The specs by the manufacturer are guide lines and a great starting point. Your guages may not be calibrated to the same specs as theirs... It's all fun and if it was super simple, it wouldn't be half as interesting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley