View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 4:51am

And now to add more pictures. I knew something was nagging at me. When I tranferred the pictures to my own internal "Sues pictures are in here" file that Lyn made for me so I could find where I put my pictures, I deleted some of what I thought were ones already in there.... easier to rename the ones I move over but I also deleted part of the tutorial pictures when I tried to do that. Make sense? No? Welcome to my computer dinosaur world.

Anyway, here are the steps on how to sew the tie. Cut your strip about 2 & 1/2 inches wide. Fold back (WRONG side to WRONG side) about an inch of fabric and iron it down. Now turn the whole thing over and with the right side of the fabric facing itself, iron the whole strip. Then sew about 1/4" down your tie. You have to turn the whole thing inside out when your're done so pin a pin thru one edge of a sewn end. Push your pin into the tube and inch it along. It will pull the fabric behind it and you will be turning the whole thing inside out so your right sides of the fabric will then be your outside. Iron the strip when you're done and put it aside until you are ready to sew it in that very last seam.

OR you could just buy a long pair of shoestrings and cut the plastic end of each end and sew them into that final seam! Nice shortcut. Think about it! lol

Sue
and the present is a gift.

Last edited by Sue in Maine; 2008-10-04 at 5:03am.