View Single Post
Old 2012-06-15, 2:43pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

Talking FREE Tutorial - Denim/Olive Tigers

HotHead Friendly!

This one will come without photos because it's pretty simple and I can't take photos while I work anyways!

Supplies:

1 rod of Dark Ivory (yes, different batches and different manufacturers create different final effects so play around)

1 Silvered Ivory stringer - use a factory-pulled Dark Ivory stringer and roll it over 1/3 sheet of silver leaf. Marver the silver onto the stringer rod and flash in the flame for extra adhesion. This is the same type of silvered Ivory stringer I use for the Dragon Scale tut.

1 hand-pulled stringer 1mm thick of either Lauscha Steel Blue or Lauscha Olive

Directions:

1) Make a base bead of Dark Ivory. It should be more of a disk shape that you will melt into a nice donut later.

2) Wrap a stripe of silvered Ivory stringer down the middle of the bead. Do not melt in.

3) Wrap a stripe of Steel Blue or Olive stringer directly down the center of the silvered ivory stripe.

4) Now melt it all in, letting the glass droop and move as you shape the bead. This spreads the glass and creates the "tiger" design to the edges of the bead.

5) Stop there or shape as desired.

TIP: Thicker or thinner stringers of Steel Blue or Olive create lighter or darker effects but can mess up the design - so I prefer the 1mm stringer.

That's it - have fun! Lots of to all of you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by *Naos*; 2014-03-22 at 6:50am.