View Single Post
Old 2013-12-30, 11:52am
Wonder-wench

Heather, what kind of camera? It looks like you need to mess around with the white balance.

I have experienced your exact issues.

First, I adjusted the white balance in the camera, the DLSR I use has a complicated special tool for this (had to actually read the manual to figure it out, LOL), my other camera, a point and shoot, has a few pre-set menu choices, so on that I just toggle through until it looks as "correct" as possible.

Second, I adjust the Exposure (EV+/-) in the camera, especially if shooting on all white or all black background. Go + when the review image in the camera appears too dark and vice-verse.

Third, I use the "Correct Color Cast" tool in Photoshop Elements 9 for Mac. This tool has a little dropper that you use to sample a part of the photo that should be white, black or gray. I find that by trying a few different spots on the background I can pretty easily correct the purplish/pink cast I get (and it looks like you get it too).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.