View Single Post
Old 2008-07-15, 12:55pm
RaymondMillbrae

TiggyBubba,

make sure you do all the proper ventilation calculations!!!!!

Remember, if you reduce the duct tube diameter, you will also reduce the CFM of air volume moved.

So if you reduce the duct tube size, MAKE SURE that the CFM of air movement is still within limits to keep you safe.

DO NOT sacrifice air velocity for CFM of air movement, if it will drop the CFM of air per square feet to an unsafe level!!!!!!!!!!! (I cannot emphasize this enough).

You need to do all the proper calculations before attempting to play with the air velocity. (Reducing the duct tube size, or purchasing a larger/smaller fan). But if you HAVE done all the calculations, and you deem that you can play with the duct tube size to increase the air velocity while keeping the CFM of air per square foot at a safe level...then knowing that you can do this, is a great tool to have at you disposal.

One last thing. Make sure that your fan has the power/umff to be able to handle this added stress factor. Some of the weaker fans may overwork themselves and burn out. I know the Can-Fan's, and the Elicent fans, have the "UMFF" needed for this added stress. But I'm not sure about the other ones.

Please remember...the name of the game is S-A-F-E-T-Y!!! So make sure you are getting the proper amount of CFM of air per square foot for the set-up you have.

I reiterate, crunch those numbers and do the proper ventilation calculations. I made my air velocity change, ONLY after I saw that I would still have 132 CFM of air per square feet.

Be safe.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: Darn...I'm still tired. After rereading your post, I realized that you said SIX FEET (not 6" inches)- and were talking about your table dimensions, and NOT your duct tube size.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ha ha ha ha ha.

But I'll leave the info there in case someone may need the clarification. I'm such a dork!

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-07-15 at 1:09pm.