View Single Post
Old 2005-10-18, 7:37pm
Certified Glassaholic!

Hi Heather!

Well, I can only tell you about my experience getting my NG line installed. I'm in the US so I don't know how it varies for Canada but I'm assuming it's relatively the same?

I got the gas company to do the installation. I figured this was the best way to cover my butt! They came to give me an estimate on the work first and then I scheduled the actual installation after that. It cost me about $250 to get the whole thing done. This included an inspection by the city inspector to ok the final work. From what I remember the cost pretty much broke down into labor and cost of materials - pipe by the foot and misc. parts like shutoff valve. The pipe was pretty expensive because it was the black solid metal stuff not the bendy pipe stuff. But, I didn't have far to go...maybe only 6-8 feet from the main gas line to the garage where I wanted the shutoff valve to be located.

It was pretty uneventful....a pretty normal gas line installation. The guy was pretty interested in what I was doing but had done one before for another lampworker so it was somewhat familiar.

If I could offer any advice I'd say....don't go with the cheapest option. If you can get you gas co. people to do it for you all the better...after all...who knows your gas lines best, right? And, make sure you get it inspected. If someone official signs off on the install at least your covered in case anything goes wrong. Try not to take shortcuts....it's just not worth it.

Cheers and good luck!

-Yee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.