Thread: Call for Artist
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 5:49pm
Salt Marsh Studio, FL

I do apologize for not seeing these posts. I don’t log on to LE but for once in a blue moon. Kim was much better at keeping this post on watch but I don’t know how much time she has anymore. We haven’t gotten together to discuss the book’s future due to our schedules. The book has had some problems. The quality of some of the photos submitted weren’t printable (600dpi). But I think they might be good enough for online (72dpi) One idea was to do it as an online book instead of canceling the whole project. That is what we were going to talk about doing and how to go about that. Another thing that the online book would clear up was the length issue with the book. We had to limit the printable pages that would have squeezed some longer but very good articles to where they wouldn’t have been complete or just out and I didn’t want to do that. For those of you who need to pull out to submit your article in other places, please do so. I believe I have sent all the beads back when you requested them before. But if I haven’t and you need them back, contact me thru the email not pm’s and we will make arrangements. We will contact everyone who has contributed to the book before we publish to make sure we still have permissions. To my knowledge and experience with magazines and books, they don’t send updates to the contributors so I never thought it was necessary. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. In the future please email me to find out information.