View Single Post
Old 2005-11-17, 8:56pm
Ad astra per aspera

I paid $895 a month ago. And that was WITHOUT the official blessing of our local (money grubbing) town officials. I found a plumber who gave me the quote with and without permitting, telling me the actual work was going to be the same regardless of the paperwork. Screw the paperwork! Our Town wanted full before and after mechanicals but couldn't/wouldn't give me access to the original builder's plans (which would've answered most of their questions, DOH!).

The plumber shut down the gas lines (stove, water heater and air handler/heat pump), connected the new line, then pressurized the system. They found a leak, fixed it (a connection out of the air handler), did a second test and said it was good. I'm VERY happy with what I got, and saved $250 in permitting. Go figure, I trust the plumber more than I trust a Town Official. LOL

What makes me sad is, back in PA I did basically the same procedure, only about 1 foot shorter run, for $225. Of course, it's been 5 years and a cross-country move but sheesh!

Thankfully it was something that we HAD budgeted for with our initial moving costs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.