View Single Post
Old 2014-03-20, 9:27am
aka Spawn Of Flame

The Perfect Bead Exchange thread: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=85756

Hayley's exchange threads contain lively discussions where you can learn techniques while having a great time.

Before this particular exchange, I did not make obsessively matched beads. I really dug into this exchange. Now, I make matched bead sets almost exclusively and I enjoy it immensely (and they sell darn well too!)

My tip to make the matching beads is to pay special attention to the base bead. I measure each base bead with an electronic caliper to get it to just the right size. Then from lots of practice, I know that if I put the same dots and stringers, the final beads will match.

I also take many notes (and save them in Evernote) about each type of bead - its starting size, etc., because after a couple of months, I forget everything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--

Last edited by rosemarie23; 2014-03-20 at 9:31am. Reason: forgot a tip!