View Single Post
Old 2006-09-26, 4:34pm
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eared pig
in the sill of our house (directly above the foundation) for my ventilation? I am setting up in a corner of the basement and will hire a plumber to run a NG gas line. I need to find somewhere to make a hood for me, and I am at a total loss as to where to start on getting the ventilation *out* of my basement.

Thanks for any input anyone has...
I would suggest having an AC company do a ventilation design. They will know where to best cut the hole. The will also ensure adequate makeup air and that it does not negatively affect the home/appliance.

They can provide the fan and the sheet metal work for the hood plus proper duct work. And cut the hole.

They do ventilation designs for every architectural thing you can imagine (not just calculate how many BTUs are needed to cool-heat a home).

Call around until you find one that does "new home construction"... they will have a trained person on staff who does this as thier full time job, and will probably provide you a free layout and detailed quote.

Me

p.s. The one I used even calculated the humidity added to the air based on torch btu output... but that's not the "norm". I was one the builders they worked for.

Last edited by bhhco; 2006-09-26 at 4:58pm.