View Single Post
Old 2010-09-30, 7:51pm
"Twirl that Honey round".

Yes, I echo the congrats. Sharing info and techniques catapults the whole community further along. So what if you share a recipe? Or picture of a pretty combination. What if someone does attempt to make a copy of what you did? That is how Art has been taught for thousands of years. It is one thing to see it but something else to create a close rendition. There is a painting in the Prado (Spanish Natl. Museum of Art) of the inside of the Museum during the 1400's. It portrays art students obstructing the aisles with their tripods and equiptment busily learning to paint by copying good art. I tried it (copying Great Masterpieces) myself and my painting improved wonderfully. I share anything helpful I can in glasswork without regard for myself being 'diminished'. Taint so, it elevates the whole craft so that those who can only copy can never keep up or catch up. Please take note of my Color project I list for free to any ambitious enough to consider it. Sharing info is for the Mature Artist. Squeezing out drops and dribbles or hording is for Immature Artists.