View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 8:16pm

The Bethlehem site is www.bethlehemburners.com. But the Minnow isn't up yet. I just produced some awesome movie tutorials for the site, too, but the web designer hasn't uploaded them yet. Oh well.... Meanwhile, there will be a bit of a learning curve from a Hot Head, but such a wonderful one! No more stinky work area. No noise. As in....silence. A torch with a flame you can truly adjust. Choices of flame, really. I'd say the first learning curve has to do with just the equipment. You need hoses, regulators, flashback arrestors and the like. So you need to figure out the configuration and put it together. For working, I'd say even just an hour or two of playing with flame settings will be thrilling and productive. The biggest thing for you will be how fast your glass will melt. Where to place the glass in relation to the flame. And remembering to POOP. That's the acronym to help you remember the order the gases are turned on and off in....as in: First Propane (on) then Oxygen (on). Then Oxygen (off, first), then Propane, (off last). Little things like that. But what a joy! You'll work twice as fast in a clean environment where you can hear your family, friends, music and tv. You'll get much more done in a given period of time, and you'll be able to attain much finer details. Of course, learning to adjust the flame as you work will take practice. You'll learn when you want a little pointy flame, a neutral round flame, reducing, etc. It's like going from a little kiddie keyboard with one octave, to all the notes on a concert grand.

It's similar to a Minor in that it's oxy/propane, and no independently operated outer ring of flame...just two controls. But the flame characteristics are different.....the Minor is somewhat bushier I think, not sure how razor sharp it's small flame setting is....but, yes, they are similar...although the Beth's are much faster at working boro, should you want to delve into that.

You can order a torch online, or from me. Online is fine, but if you use me I can help push their delivery times a little, and be on the phone with you when you set up or have questions, etc. NO, I don't get a commission from the sale, so that's not why I'm suggesting it. I can just give a little more personal service than if you get it online. Anyway, did I answer all your questions?

Marcie