View Single Post
Old 2006-10-30, 3:12pm

The Betta puts out 12,815 BTU's/hour, and the Barracuda puts out 23,067 BTU's/hour. These figures are based on tanks with 5 psi propane and 20 psi oxygen. I don't have the BTU's for the Betta at the low pressures. Although I can say I'm always surprised at how easily the Betta does boro on less than a pound of gas and five pounds oxygen.

Meanwhile, the face diameter of the Piranha was 9.5 mm. The face diameter of the Betta is 16 mm. The face diameter of the SS Minnow is 12 mm. That shows you the relative physical diameter of the torch face, but does not truly indicate the width of the flame while the torch is in use. The Minnow is just nice and bushy for a small torch...

I wouldn't say you'd need to go back to propane for the Minnow....try it with natural gas and see how low you can go with your pressure....

Regarding a "step up" from the Minor. The Minnow will do boro faster and is a real hot, luxurious flame....It's a step up, but size-wise it's not a huge step. If you wanted to go "up"...get a Barracuda!!!

Let's see, did I leave anyone's question unanswered???