View Single Post
Old 2014-02-17, 12:20am
Millionaire in Training

Default Goldstone Sources & Compatibility

I'm a member of the ASGB (Arizona Society of Glass Beadmakers) and we had our monthly meeting today. We were talking about bulk buys and I mentioned this source I'd found online for goldstone. I'm thinking I probably got the source from a thread on LE, though.

http://www.greatrough.com/rough_goldstone_blue.shtml

So I am thinking of buying some goldstone chunks, but when I mentioned how low the cost was, some of the members were "sure" it wasn't high quality or even compatible with 104 glass...In other words: too good to be true.

Long story short - I wrote an email to the fellow asking him if he knew what COE it is. He's a rock guy and did not know. However there is a comment on the website that says it's "compatible" with soft glass for glass beadmakers.

Does anyone have any experience with the goldstone from this website? Someone in ASGB was saying they thought it was 96 COE. The prices were phenomenally low and very much in my budget. However if I could find someone who can vouch for the goldstone or who knows whether it's compatible with 104, that would be a huge help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.