View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 9:07am

I have a completely different experience with the Wildcat. It used way less oxy as a Red Max that I used to own. I find it quite conservative. I have never had problems with it being too hot. My Herbie is WAY hotter. It's just an adjustment you have to make while working with different torches. The Wildcat heat penetrates differently then say the Herbie. The Herbie surface heats very quickly but the Wildcat takes longer, and the heat goes all the way through if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baywinger View Post
When we first got into lampworking a friend lent us a wildcat
we found two things one it would empty a 240cf oxy ttank in a few hours and two is was buring soft glass colors this is one hot torch.
All GTT torches are know for penitrating flame which is great for boro, sounds like what would be best is a two stage torc like the scorpion mentioned above or the new Bravo.
both of those are made for oxycon use
Gtt Torches also want/need 20psi oxy per manufactur specs wich the m20 supplies but I find I need 3 m20's to run my Cheetah and I do not get full power unless I use tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.