View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 12:36pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
I agree with Larry and think you're probably not aware of the torch's potential.

I've been using a Phantom for about 7 years, and mainly just use the Lynx inner-fire. After 6 years of practice, I thought I knew how to use it. I started doing fumed work about 6 months or a year ago and have learned so much about the torch from playing with different settings while trying to get different effects. There is a huge variety of usable flame characteristics, and I'm still learning. I was particularly surprised that flames I thought were way-too-reducing are great for gentle, broad heat, though the piece has to be worked further from the torch's face.
I agree. I do think that the person behind the torch is the most important factor but your skills can be limited by your equipment. A torch like the Lynx is a great asset if you are willing to learn how to exploit it. A lot of folks want WYSIWIG, easy, and short learning curve and the Lynx is certainly not for them.

Dusty, I have also been doing a lot of fuming lately and I love the Lynx for that.

Glassactcc, I am eyeballinging that herbie. As soon as you get bored of it let me know