View Single Post
Old 2009-01-29, 8:37pm
product of the universe

Yup- Tried to blow it. I used a mini stainless steel blow pipe. Gathered a bit of clear on the end of the blow pipe. Made a moil pulled a cobalt rod out of the kiln coiled it up. Marvered it blew it out a bit marvered blew out marvered ... til i got the internal wall even. Gathered up a ball of the devardi red and laid on a stringer.Heat marver........ Blew out a ball attached a punty to the bottom of the ball/cold seal. then i heated up near the blowpipe and and drew out a loop and attached. I used tweezers to hold the loop while i knocked off the punty and flame polished. So what i should have when i pull it out of the kiln is a sealed hollow christmas ornament or some broken glass.

I have very little knowledge when it comes to blowing soft glass though so i found it to be tougher than working boro. It did stay stiff enough for me to work it,(probably good for shards) i had no issues with cracking and so far i haven't heard a big pop in the kiln.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.