View Single Post
Old 2009-02-01, 2:56pm

I used to ship glass in pvc tubes. It was not all that expensive for me, but it could get that way for a business. there is one place I buy from that uses popcorn as a biodegradable packing. it seems to work well and I don't mind tossing it out for the birds after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
I see you "GOT" it !! lol

Ok y'all have got me thinking... yes I know that is dangerous. When you say batting you mean like the stuff you put in a teddy bear? To get out the frit part you could always lay it out and light it! lol The batting will burn away... hahaha
No seriously, I think the best way I have EVER recieved glass was where someone had cut PVC pipe the right length and duct taped each end. I think it was cheaper to mail too. It sounds pricey but if you think about it, maybe not. If you had to replace too much glass it would pay for it's self. Maybe a dollar per order? They will cut it to the length you request at the store if you can't do it yourself. It could also be the gray color which I think is cheaper than white. If you have a friend in plumbing/construction they can get it cheaper for you. This is just an idea and thought you might want to check into. Also, if you know anyone that works in a office get them to save you the peanuts they get in packaging and you don't have to buy any. Heck if we all mailed them a box of peanuts that should get them a years supply! There should be a way to recycle that stuff anyway. I never use all of what I am sent so I put it in my flower bed...lol Helps hold water. What if you say gave someone a discount on shipping if they sent you a big box of peanuts? lol I don't know, but I can see where the batting would not be the answer. That stuff is expensive too isn't it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.