View Single Post
Old 2009-01-21, 6:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyangel View Post
From Natasha again, about our Devardi Glass. To Sarah to answer her questions. I will try to answer as many questions as I can as they come up.
2. What do you mean when you say in your auction pages that this glass "is not like the stripped down commercial varieties that flood the market"? Do you feel that there is something wrong with the glass most of us use?

This is just a comparison, not a criticism. Devardi Glass is a very old company with very old glass recipes, even ancient. The color in the glass is very dense (heavily saturated). Although this can cause different effects, some good, some that have to be dealt with, more modern versions have stripped a lot of this density to their colors out so the glass works easier. This make the glass a little more "runny," something some people like, but something we find the Devardi glass more of a benefit. Hope that helps.
Hi Natasha, Welcome to LE and best of luck with your business.

I have a few questions and thank you for coming on the forum to answer. Regarding your answer included above, I didn't quite understand what you were saying. Is the Devardi glass more runny than, say, the Effetre 104 glass, or did you mean it was not as runny?

The glassblowing glass producers, like Kugler, make glass that is very dense in color and are generally soft and runnier because of the higher lead content. Are you aware if the Devardi glass is similar in working consistency to the Kugler glass?

Can you tell us if Devardi is the name of the factory in India or is that a name that you have given the glass? And does this company normally make glass rods for lampworking or glass for glassblowers?

At this point (and I know it's early on) are you aware of the coe consistency throughout the product line? To explain what I mean, sometimes when a company orders a specific glass color one time, if the company is not extremely careful in their mixing of the colors, the next time you order the coe may not match the previous batch. Have you had any problems with that? And the reason I am asking is that a certain company in the US that imported glass from a company found that at times certain colors were completely different in coe from the last time they ordered.

Thanks again for your time.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.