View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 2:25pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

I have a 4 hole graphite mold - 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" and 2" holes that I've been using for maybe at least 10 years, and I usually never quite got my marbles totally round - they always had a small ridge in them that you could feel with your finger tip as you slowly moved it around the marble. I heard of the infinite rim molds and bought one, then bought a larger one (My marbles come out between 1 1/4" up to 2".) At first I still wasn't getting them round with the infinite rim molds and got all annoyed (I think one was $95 + postage and the other was about $110 + postage.) and stopped using them. Then I thought that this is ridiculous - everyone else raves about them, so I took them out and tried them again. It took a few marbles but I finally figured out how to use them. I use the infinite rim molds for all of the rough shaping of the marble and use the 4-hole mold with the hard edges for the final shaping. Now all my marbles come out round, without small ridges in them. There are other threads about the infinite rim mold in this forum-you just gotta find them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by gmkcpa; 2012-10-16 at 2:27pm.