View Single Post
Old 2014-03-27, 4:54am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTStudio View Post
There are so many favorites of mine. Kalera's Ask Me Anything where she generously shared recipes and tips and just anything is one of my favorites.

But I have to vote again for Sara Kay's Blue Bead thread.
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235

Here's my reasoning and, not coincidentally, my tip.
I've tried this recipe a few times before Sara passed and just couldn't get it right.
After she passed I read the thread start to finish again and then went to my studio. I tried it all over and didn't get the result I expected, but it was interesting. So I took the recipe and used different colored base glass. Another cool bead, so I continued and ended up with a little set of different color beads made the same way.

This really drove it home that I have to let the glass do as it will. If I fight it, I'm never as happy with the result as I am with the results I got when I started with Sara's recipe and followed where the glass led me.
Same - Sara's technique led me to experiment with other colours and metals, love it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy