View Single Post
Old 2005-09-28, 3:31pm
I fart diamonds

An information sheet was included with my latest order:

Quote:
Reactive Silver Collection
Quote:

The glass in this collection is infused with silver oxides that can produce a variety of color effects. Encasing the colors in pale transparent produces some of the nicest effects. Befor encasing, I recommend working the silver colors in a fairly cool, soft neutral to slightly reducing flame. After encasing in a clear or tint color, allow the bead to cool for a few seconds, until the orange glow subsides some, then gently reheat the bead, perhaps repeatedly, to enhance the silvers crystal growth. Once the glass is encased, some of the silver oxides go into solution with the casing layer. Reheating and cooling the bead causes the dissolved silver to precipitate into crystals that change colors as they grow. This is what develops the polychromatic swirls of color.
It's 2 pages long with information on each color available, but I'm not about to type the rest of it up, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by shawnette; 2005-09-28 at 11:32pm.