View Single Post
Old 2015-02-08, 9:38am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
I make very large beads though, my test beads are on my small side lol. I wouldn't think it would make a difference but ever since I put it down for this I've had more than 5 crack. All different glasses, some encased, some not. To me it's not worth that if I've never had a problem before with striking or reducing going away....or cracking!
It's likely that your kiln is running cool to start for annealing at a lower temp (e.g., 925) and compensating with a longer soak time does not cause beads to crack...unless you are using Lauscha. Most of my beads are over 1" in diameter and I never have cracks annealing at 925 in the last eight years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|