View Single Post
Old 2005-06-24, 4:09pm
HourGlass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye
hi Laurie
I was charged $40 from Frantz on the dark I bought this last time..but it was a small order with the new vetrofond odd lots...so not a lot of poundage discount...but year...gosh, that seems more than $40 a pound thou / price per rod.

When I was selling streaky pink..it was selling for ten bucks a rod...heck, I can't pull myself to use it when I can get that much for it.

Yeah I normally order ALL my glass from the USA - way way way cheaper even after the duty, GST, postal charges etc... most of the time anyways. Only problem is that I want some dark and some yellow and when I cant see what I am ordering it drives me crazy till it arrives, and I have been really dissapointed with some of the glass I have ordered. Ordered dark pink, told it was really really dark and low and behold it looks just like my lite pink (260), I even called to ask if they sent 260 by mistake instead od 256. They sent a rod of 256 and its the same color. So 256 and 260 look alike to me, had I known I would not have ordered it. WANT really dark pink - buy vetro I was told...so I am waiting to see what is coming. "Is it dark" we'll see.

I have a store credit that I have been using to buy my glass with and I have almost used it up. (here in Canada) But will go ahead and order the dark yellow opal they say they have. They said it was the really really old stuff from way back...so who knows what I will get ? Surprises are kinda scary sometimes. LOL