View Single Post
Old 2017-07-09, 11:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGA View Post
I agree with your assessment of the tut writer in question. Kerri's tutorial is a very specific and yes, it's horrible it was copied. She does it consistently.

And if you want to say I'm putting words into your mouth, I'd appreciate it if you stop putting them into mine. I said nobody owns techniques. Although one may be associated with them, the technique becomes public domain over time because eventually everybody learns it. (Pleating and implosions) So buying a technique based tutorial is not necessarily theft support.

People *do* own style and a "look". The dragonfly tutorial is a perfect example. Raking dots tut (a technique, verrrry loose explanation here) and Kerri's application are two wildly different pdf's and it's impossible to recreate a method and explain it better than the original. There is only *one* way to make Kerri's dragonflies and she explained it thoroughly.

My point was that you accused Trout of supporting a thief when she didn't (that I saw) say WHO she purchased from or what tut she was referring to. It was a generic statement about standard techniques and why one person may prefer one technique tutorial over another. Technique. Not style.
Actually if you read her post she specifically says at the very beginning, "I have bought several tutorials that are for the same STYLE bead" however then she goes on to say "because she couldn't grasp the technique" tomato, tomatoe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.