View Single Post
Old 2012-12-26, 11:48pm

Default My glass storage

Living on an island I had some trouble ordering my "rails" from Lowes. They were special order and not in the system, but they were in their master paper catalog! Took about 3 weeks and they didn't charge shipping. They would not cut them because they claimed it would ruin their saw! So hubby took them to work to cut them with a chop saw (circular) which left some rough edges that I cleaned up with a small flat file. I glued them with PVC glue but they're not so perfectly flat and the end pieces have notches in them, so i just used clothes pins to hold the edges together overnight! I only glued them as stacks and not side by side so they'd be easier to handle because the stuff is heavy. This is 8 - 8ft rails cut to 12 inches. It sounded like a lot to me, but they filled up fast! The rack was from Lowes too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.