View Single Post
Old 2018-10-23, 7:14am

Smile Yeah! BRAVO!!!

Yeah! From one fishy person to another fishy person! I LOVE your fish and those jellies are a-frikin-mazing. Do you know Joe Peters? He was one of our students in Murano a couple years back. Even if one works in boro, working in soft glass it is the ultimate teacher and translatable.

Off mandrel work is what Lucio is so masterful at. The way he captures the fluidity of glass and freezes EXPRESSION is mind blowing. His studio is state of the art. It holds 8-10 students comfortably and is a very cool environment to feel welcome in. I've come to know Lucio now since 2002 and can say he is like a brother from another mother. Having a "Lucio" experience is a memory you will take away for life. It's very inspiring in many ways and I am a testament to that. The whole immersion of being on the quaint island of Murano, seeing some of the intricacies behind the scenes... delving a little into the culture and being a sponge soaking it all in all lead to a very deep soulful experience. You just let go! Don't let it sound corny to you, it really is amazing.

Having the option of choosing from 3 to 6 day workshop helps one find the right budget. Planning to extend your stay to get to explore the culture and islands is highly recommended. It is on those days I like to visit other studios and shops both for seeing others how they work and for that ultimate wholesale shopping at not-wholesale bulk. I am not a tour guide, simply a free spirit that over the years learned to spread my wings and see behind the scenes and have thoroughly relished these experiences. I extend this casual invitation to join me in getting a taste of these other treasures for your Venetophile acculturation. (yea, it's a mouthfull but worth EVERY BITE!)

I like to arrange the workshop to start on a Wednesday to get three solid days in straight of workshop. This allows you to travel into VCE on any day of your choice as you will also find that air fares can be better on weekdays sometimes. It also lets you SEE everything during a "working" week day schedule. Weekends have more "tourist" sites to catch. Having more week days open after the conclusion of your workshop also allows you more time to explore and soak it all in. Personally, I like the "whole enchilada" approach to travel and things in general when it comes to something so outside the norm.

Lucio is holding the same fees for his workshop as he has for the past few years. I'll copy from the prior cost schedule in a separate reply. Luigi, his good life long friend who rents us the apartments also maintains his same fees for us. They are most generous to us and take a personal approach to our group.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.