View Single Post
Old 2008-04-06, 2:40pm

Quote:
Wow Bill You are making more than me!! I think I am netting 2 cents an hour. And I am up until 3 a.m. every night packing. I sure wish I had a wife to help! Weekends are spent either cutting glass or working on the website. Btw, I don't charge for peanuts or bubble wrap either and also do return extra shipping money because that is what I would want for myself!
I don't know of anybody getting rich in the glass business and I know a lot of people in it!
Well gotta run. More boxes to pack!

Paula
Both of you are too funny. $4.00 an hour might be putting it a bit high don't you think?
Yea I have to agree. It's just me here packing, shipping, ordering, cleaning and at least I have two teens that Do help with the cutting because bundles of rods are not light.
I work 7 days a week and probably 16-18 hour days. If I'm not packing I'm cutting, or cleaning, or ordering more, or updating the website. I get yelled at for spending too much time (working) yet for new businesses or even anyone who owns their own....You have to work like this to get it moving along. Now I really need an accountant because I don't think I've balanced my checkbook in over 3 months. I've got a box of receipts that just keeps getting higher but no time to do paperwork. Anyone want the job? I'm totally serious here!
Now if I was a huge distributor like Frantz or some of the other one's. I could hire people (Sigh) Wouldn't that be great and they could do the work while I do the important stuff. But the good thing is...I don't have the overhead like Frantz and others do. I don't have to do payroll or benefits or whatever he does for his employees.
I don't have to pay for rent or utilities so that's a huge plus! All that factors in as does shipping and materials and such.
But for someone like me who has a mind that goes a mile a minute...this is the perfect place for me to be. My mind can never go to places that it shouldn't (panic attacks) because I'm constantly keeping it busy. That's why I had to quit my day job so....even if I made a penny a day....The benefits of keeping my sanity and being able to do what I love...is soooo worth it!

PS...this is what is waiting for me now....Been sitting almost a week
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.