Thread: FLASHBACK
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-25, 8:53pm
I speak Murrini!

Good Heavens!!! I'm so glad you're OK!!! This is the reason that I don't think anyone with a oxy/prop set up should be without flashbacks - on either the oxy or the prop!!!!

I hope it turns out OK and that your torch didn't suffer some sort of irreparable damage, but I'm even happier that your face/fingers/house (or studio) didn't suffer a similar fate!

Can I ask a question (since I've just set up my new Mini CC and my lines run through a hole in the garage wall and out to the tanked oxy and tanked prop. next to the garage)....if you have a similar set up, how did the hoses hold up to the heat as the flame flashed through it? I worry that where my hoses go through the wall, if I ever had a flashback experience, my wall/insulation might catch (even if not on the walls themselves - within the space between inside and outside). I have put a foil "collar" around the lines just where they run through the wall just to help prevent any sparking of the insulation, but not sure this would be much help!

Again, I'm so glad you're OK - I sure hope you can take a second to give me some feedback on my inquiry!

Take care and be safe!
DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro