View Single Post
Old 2008-10-14, 11:09am

Default Mike and his $17 bundle of glass

These are the facts:

While I was away for a short vacation the warehouse made up around 20 of these assortments

These assortments should have been for our retail shop only.

It was decided to put these $17 bundles on our website, not realizing how many would be ordered.

Over the weekend we had orders for 150 of them.

We could have sold the 20 and then said "SORRY, SOLD OUT".

At 3pm on Monday we looked around but there was no more scrap of common or premium colors, pieces that range from 6 to 12 inches long.
Without scrap I selected glass from my vault, perfectly good glass from our inventory. I found boxes of Effetre Premium colors that were of larger diameter or way too conical to sell at regular prices and made these assortments until we were out of the Efferre Premium colors. We made around 70 of these assortments and fullfilled as many orders as possible.

We were able to make about half of how many we needed, and yes we LOST money on each one we sold, but it will not put us out of business.

So there is no "bait and switch" it is more like the demand went well beyond the supply and then we put together as many as we could and made some of you happy, some of you slightly sad, and one ?

We had orders come to us on the phone, by email and fax. We tried to fill orders in the order they came to us and we did the best we could do and I feel we went above what was expected. But I expect that some people are going to not be happy and accuse us of being BAD or EVIL!

I have no problem going to sleep at night.

Thanks for your support.

Mike Frantz

mike frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206