View Single Post
Old 2011-01-18, 6:46pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Quote:
Hmmmm.......that's interesting. I do always send my orders electronically. But to do every international order by hand and drive to the post office.....yikes! It would take me forever
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But I guess I have a different philosophy in terms of how I run my business. When an order is lost, I am out my cost of the item (s), which is usually quite different then the sold price. I always figure a replacement or refund to make a customer happy is way worth the price I paid for the product. Even if it's not my fault I replace the order. I have one going to Ireland tomorrow. It actually makes me feel better. And the loss is reflected in my tax return. So the price is actually quite small for all the goodwill it creates.

I guess I just want my customers to have warm fuzzies when they think of my shop, lol.
Hi there I am so sorry that you got the wrong impression- I did replace the persons item! I just meant that in the scheme of claims and procedures it was found in my favor and my discretion at what to do.
I also always replace things it makes me feel good knowing that it was not any one person's fault and I was able to do something to brighten someones day.
I also believe in the goodwill of treating customers the way I enjoy being treated!! I always honor customer requests, and concerns- I am here in the US so I take every measure to make sure that packages coming from me are insured to the best of my ability and if they are international then I always offer to make a replacement item!!! Funny thing is the paypal dispute was the one and only time I have had that happen as a seller.
As far as the postal issues, I did have a problem with carriers so since my post is on my way out to the gym, schools, and shopping and within 2 mins of my house I really do not mind I can even roller blade there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with the packages in my backpack- I have all the forms for first class shipping here and when they order priority service I fill that out electronically but since I am already there I get a postmark stamp and the item scanned- it really only takes about 10 mins out of my day and worth the extra peace of mind!!!

I run my business with my customers feelings and concerns as my main priority for after all without them I would not have this great opportunity to work from home be there for my kids and do what I love!!!

I really don't think that our business practices are all that different

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.