View Single Post
Old 2006-03-27, 9:44am
GnomeGlass

Check your favorite glass supplier and see if they carry quick connects. If they do they should be able to sell you exactly what you need.

I personally use Western Enterprises brand of Quick-Connects with built in Reverse Flow Check Valves. I got them through a glass supplier. One time I bought a set of quick connects from a welding supply shop but they weren't compatible with the lower pressures used in lampworking. Quick-Connects usually come in a set: one for oxygen and one for propane. Not sure if you can just buy one for propane only. If you go with Western Enterprises there are several versions depending on their installation: 1.) Torch to Hose 2.) Regulator to Hose 3.) Hose to Hose. You'd want 'Regulator to Hose' (model QDB30) so that it will screw onto your regulator and allow you to screw your hose onto the other end. If your hose doesn't have a "B" fitting on the end to screw on then you'll need to install one of the brass barbs (shown above) onto the hose end of the quick connect so that you can clamp your hose down over it.

Last edited by GnomeGlass; 2006-03-27 at 9:48am.