View Single Post
Old 2006-12-03, 2:30pm
Sheila

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
I -LOVE- buying the "going out of beads" deals. I enjoy working my way through the bundles and seeing colors, and sometimes finding different ones I hadn't "met" before. (Not that I'd use them... It seems like if I have less than 1/4# of a color, it sits there and looks pretty if it's not a basic one I'm running low on.)

And yeah... my copper green stringers from Jon turned into a $100+ order. Why? Well, I -had- to get free shipping, so I just added a few things... Like a pound of odd vetro that I didn't realized until I got it upstairs that I already had 1/4 pound of... But that means I can use it now.
OMG Nikki, me too. I totally panic every time I go to use something scarce because I might end up with an ugly bead. Or I might see the perfect way to use that precious color later, when I've used it all up.

I have eight pounds (!!) of the peach persimmon coral, because I love it and I ordered a pound (or more) with every order until it was gone. I also have excessive poundage of other odd lots.

But I only have one pound of the Vetrofond slate blue odd lot. Why? Because I controlled myself. That will teach me. Anyone wanna trade for some coral?