View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 4:18am
Who me?

I feel I haven't expressed myself well. Reading through the threads. Yes it is possible to make a nice profit even with the Expensive silver glasses - Yes, if one has mastered the art of beadmaking, it is possible to make nice beads without the expensive glasses.

But here's my worry. If we as a group gobble up every thing that is new and exciting no matter the cost, sooner or later the prices will increase "just because they can". The costs will increase to whatever the market will bear and we as a group are showing that we are eager enough to pay what ever is asked.

That is my concern - rising costs just because the market wll tolerate it.

Someone else spoke of creating art with low costs paints - but painters pretty much create their own colors with the pallette of colors they have regardless of whether is entry level paint or professional paints - I don't think paint manufacturers are coming up with tubes of new colors and the artists are all going out an buying it like we as beadmakers are doing with the new glasses - so there is no comparison.

Maybe high costs in the future will prohibit hobbiests from making beads - that's a bad thing because many hobbiests have contributed ideas and techniques.

You just have to love capitalism and all that comes with it, eh?

I can see it now, once prices have become totally ridicuous, Walmart will start selling glass rods made in Taiwan or Zimbabwey.