View Single Post
Old 2014-01-24, 5:34pm

Your images are underexposed. Are you using the camera meter with the fstop and speed in auto? Is your camera set for average meter reading or spot? You want it on spot if you have that option. Then you half press the shutter button and a red light should come on showing where the meter point is. If you have several of them come on, change the setting to just one focus and meter point in the middle.

I suspect that when you meter, you are metering on the lighted background area and that's making your camera think that it doesn't need as much light as the beads need to be properly exposed. You can either meter on the beads and lock the exposure, or fill the frame with a bead and see what the setting is and then put your camera in manual mode and use that setting. You can also use aperture adjustment and dial in a stop to a stop and half of more light to increase the exposure on the beads.

Mike