View Single Post
Old 2009-01-29, 12:11pm
yukue fumei

Hi everyone--
I still have alot of testing to do, but my initial results are mixed-- some good, some not so good.
I am getting some shattering of rods similar to Hayley. These are not from the size of the rods, since I got them with the thin 5mm opaque olive rods as well. I think it is due to the small bubbles running the length inside of the rod.

Compatibility testing on some color combos needs to continue. I did get incompatibility cracks when used with Cim Peace. It's too bad because I liked the bead I made!
The clear is nice for the price. The one rod I got with very little scratches was very good. The other two had scratches and scummed a bit, but not too bad. My encasements had bubbles from the rods, but over all it is nice.
The light rose had some kind of film on it that wouldn't come off with alcohol. I'm going to try scrubbing it to see what happens. This film makes the glass foam. I don't get the foam on the transparents that don't have this film, so I think it is whatever this coating is....
The opaque purple turned grey(thanks for posting that Suzanne! I was curious, so I tried it and it is grey...). I did get some soot on some of the colors. I was surprised because that doesn't usually happen with me because I tend to run my flame oxidizing.
The dark red transparent got the brown reduction but the orange was nice and clean. The metallic black was nice-a bit different than the DSP--I have yet to be able to get a rainbow effect, but I did get a nice shiny pewter.
If you can get rods that are thinner with fewer bubbles and scratches, this would be a very nice glass!
I still have a ton of compatibility testing ahead, but that's it for now.
I still would like to know more about the company! you had said you would post the info, and when you have time, please do!
thank you!
I would love for the rods to have labels, thank you.

pic of the bubbles running down the length of the rod.

incompatibility cracks--bead is a base of CiM Peace with Devardi Purple and Amethyst with Devardi clear casing.

I love this bead...but unfortunately it is cracked. Base of CiM Peace, Devardi Purple with Terra stripe, encased in Devardi clear. I am going to retry this with a different base....

encasement...the amber bead is the one with light rose...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nagibeads; 2009-01-29 at 12:20pm.