View Single Post
Old 2009-01-29, 12:34pm
da General

Hi Denise! Good to know that I am not the only one who got shattering rod problem!

Here is my testing report:

I would like to preface this by saying that none of my sampler pack was labeled so I am just GUESSING on the name of the glass! Perhaps Natasha can confirm on the ones I include the rod with the bead.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
As Cynthia commented on an earlier post, this glass is a lot stiffer than regular COE 104 glass. That has both benefits and pit falls. It's much easier to shape the ends of a long bead and having the ends hold their shape. But it's almost impossible to use too much of this glass in a twisty. I thought my bead was going to crack coz I was taking so long laying down the twisty!

WITH SILVER GLASS

Double Helix Aura (Pinky Purple Luster) on Transparent Orange
I think this is Transparent Orange tho it's almost red - thinner rod, no major issue with this glass. Minimum bubbles.

Double Helix Odd Psyche Dark n Transparent Rose
This is a 9mm rod and has the shattering issue - breaking 1" from the molten tip. It also has bubbles and scum, made more conspicuous by its light color.

Precision 104 Garzoni on Transparent Olive
The bead is a lot darker than the rod - it's almost black. Garzoni reacts beautifully on this base. Thinner rod, thus no major issue.

Double Helix Triton on Transparent Purple
Triton fumes this base and the entire bead is iridescence, very pretty. This glass is probably what Natasha was talking about in an earlier post - it's FULL of bubbles and actually is a pretty cool effect. I try to capture that with a second photo - you can see the "texture" inside the bead. This also has the shattering issue 1" above molten tip.

More in the next post!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|