View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 3:26am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I've put a lot into this project in terms of planning, dreaming, effort and expense - SOMEday I'll total up the receipts, but not sure I'm ready just yet - but it's been so worth it. It's been pretty much all I've thought about since DH proposed the idea way back in early February. Even though I've worked for it every step of the way, I still can't believe it's really mine - it makes me so happy just walking in there! I needed a post-retirement sanctuary (you will notice there's NO PHONE in there, and I've never given Mom my cell number) and this has turned out every bit as wonderful as I'd dreamed of. Now to find the time to actually get out there and play!

BTW - for the record, hot glass on 8 coats of poly smells BAD. Not "Bog of Eternal Stench" bad, but bad. Had a murinni cane break while I was pulling it, and a big piece flew over and landed in that little strip of exposed bench top between the steel and the glass storage. The GOOD news is, I didn't try to pick it up with my fingers.

We won't talk about me trying to squash an ant on my bench top with a fingertip... BEFORE I cleaned up. I think I shoved a shard of shattered stringer halfway to the bone. Hopefully I'll learn that one sooner or later, too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.