View Single Post
Old 2016-12-20, 3:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhydon View Post
What sort of vent blower do you have? I like how simple the setup seems.
My vent system is something we rigged up and are testing. I know folks have gone back and forth on the use of a box fan, but that is what I'm using. On the front of the box fan is what looks like a big wedge of cheese made out of cardboard. The vent tube (whatever you call it) is on the big end of the wedge. Running the fan on "3" pulls a lot of air through it. After trying all of the smoke tests and what not it all seems to work well. We do have a flange that takes the 6" hose to 8" but it isn't on yet.

The box fan is mounted to some wood that we cut so that it fits the window. That way I can pull it out of the window when I'm done and close it. Once we get a little bit more time we'll make the wedge out of wood and permanently attach it to the fan. It's currently being held on by gorilla duck tape (which also plugs any potential leaks).

I'll post pictures later today. I didn't realize that it wasn't in the photo originally.

Since I can't cut through the wall or permanently block the window, this is what works for me.

So far I think my cost for this is around $60 if not less. We already had the wood and tape. The fan was under $20 and the hose and two adapters were under $40.