View Single Post
Old 2012-04-06, 8:17am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

First step! It's been too cold to paint the floors, so I've been trying to find something I CAN work on. I'm using stone wool insulation, which is moisture, mold, mildew and vermin resistant, plus it's NOT FIBERGLASS, which makes me break out into festering sores. It comes in 4 foot batts, which works out well - my DH is going to run the wiring for outlets above the bench level, so I can do the bottom 4' without impeding any other part of the project. We picked up 2 bales yesterday, and this morning I installed them. This is GREAT stuff to work with - no staples, strictly press-fit between the studs, and it cuts like butter with a serated knife.

I also marked out the benches on the floor with masking tape, and cut cardboard to indicate all the furniture that's moving out there - wanted to make sure everything would fit as intended. I'm really pleased overall - everything actually fits better than I expected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.