View Single Post
Old 2016-12-29, 7:26am

Default Should I buy this? Please Help

Ok so bare with me here, brand new to lamp working and am planning to set up my garage glass working studio this coming year, It will be a long process but I am looking for supplies here and there and came across this set up. Basically a couple welding oxy/acetylene torches, hoses, regulators and such. I don't plan to use the hoses as I plan to purchase them brand new. I notice some people using acetylene regulators for propane. My question is basically, for $20 do these regulators or anything pictured do me any good or have any use in my shop?

My long term plan is a Lynx Torch with Bottled Oxygen and Propane, although I may go with natural gas as I have a line not too far away and a buddy in the gas business.

Very confused as to why some oxygen regulators I see are $30 and some over $100, Can someone point me towards an answer? I do nothing but reading about this upcoming hobby, and its all starting to blur! I need to take a break lol, but I came across this and wanted to ask someone who may know before I waste a couple dollars. Thank you!
Attached Images