View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 11:26am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

I have (and have posted asking about) the exact same problem, especially with my BHBs.

Someone recommended slowing down the speed of the dremel, and my husband suggested being very careful about the angle the of the bit in the bead hole. I also bought one of the Art In the Round's BeadReamers.

All I can say is that reducing the speed of the dremel to #1, being careful about the angle, and changing to the BeadReamer has reduced my chippage to less than 1/2 the beads instead of all the beads. I think I'm just not careful enough, what with being in a hurry, hating the process of cleaning the beads, and my fingers slipping on the bead in the water.

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
Why am I getting chips around the ends of my beads?

Sorry, rephrase that question - my dremel is chipping the ends of my beads, what can I do to stop the chipping?

The beads in question have nice dimpled ends when they come off the mandrel but once I clean them with my dremel there are chips around the hole that weren't there to start with. I use a diamond bit in my dremel & use a fairly low speed, but it's really annoying me that I am losing bead after bead to my reject box because the ends keep chipping - help?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191