View Single Post
Old 2014-05-25, 6:02pm

Question Shocky CROCUS CIM batch?

Ordered a 1/2 lb of that "come on you have to admit I'm the sexiest purple you've ever seen" Crocus CIM in February - from Frantz - whipped it out yesterday for the first time. What a sadomasochistic experience!!! Thought I would have to power wash my effin chair after trying to use this glass!!!! Despite my usual slow warming at the tippy top of the flame like I do with every rod I work with and slowly massage it into the heat - the Crocus rod freakin' exploded all over hell in literally seconds in spits and chunks. The pile of stubby $&!* left all over my damned bench also continued to break whenever introduced in the top part of the flame with my tungsten tweezers - WTH??? I could not even punty it to clear to even use any of it!!!! Now, I admit, an ex-boyfriend said I had "cold hands" but jeez, I'm beginning to think this glass is truly psycho!!!!

Anyone else experience this with Crocus in general (I've never splurged on this expensive stuff before) - or maybe gotten a batch from February 2014 - by any vendors - and had the same "shocking" experience? (Maybe that's why there appears to be a shortage of it now based upon the other post I've seen in this section about seeking Crocus.)