View Single Post
Old 2017-02-16, 6:56pm
too many rods in the fire

Default Homefill question

Not a torch question, per se, but thought this might be the best place to ask?

I saw an ad for this:

519 hours on Homefill. 6,817 on O2 concentrator. Both units are in excellent condition. Please call or text for more information. $1,200 obo. Slings for all 3 tanks are included. I'm not interested in selling these units separately.

Not sure if this is a good price, for one thing, because I have only recently started thinking about a homefill system. I was using concentrators for my Cheetah torch, and tanked for my Carlisle CC+. The concentrators I have (2 EX 15's running with a holding tank) are crapping out on me, so I've temporarily switched to using tanked oxy on my Cheetah.

But I went through a K tank of oxy in less than 8 hours on my Cheetah! That is going to be an expensive pain in the ass if I stick with tanked oxy.

I have two oxy tanks. So I'm trying to decide if it would be better to buy a homefill and not have to haul the tanks around and pay to have them filled constantly, or if I would be better off replacing the two concentrators to run my Cheetah (my primary torch, as I mostly do soft glass).

Any input and knowledge is much appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.