View Single Post
Old 2015-07-02, 5:29am
lurking on LE since 2005

While I don't love the moretti clear, (mine is very scratched from sitting around and moving the studio 3 times..) if you skim off the edges before you use it (just scrape off the offending stuff with the sides of a tweezer while it's hot), it's perfectly clear. People don't like to take the time to do it, and it seems like it's wasting glass, but you weren't going to like the bead with scum on it, so it IS worth the time. And then you're not praying to the incompatibility gods to spare you..I look at it this way-if it's good enough for Loren Stump, it should suffice for my beads.
Yes, I like Zephyr for ease of use, but I have POUNDS of moretti

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Last edited by Charmaine; 2015-07-02 at 5:32am.