View Single Post
Old 2015-11-01, 7:03am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I'm in upstate NY, and deal with the same issues - last year most of January and February was sub-zero or single digits. Here's my studio build thread - there's detailed photos of how we insulated. http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=220718

Besides good insulation, I have a propane space heater and, because the floors are uninsulated and 2 years ago I got chilblains from standing on the cold floor, I have a heated floor mat that I stand on.

Return air is from a very slightly - like less than an inch - opened window at the far end of the shed. By the time it reaches me it's gone past the space heater and the kiln, which sits on a rolling cart directly behind me. It has to be ungodly cold before I absolutely can't work out there (arthritic joints) and usually I'm not willing to make the trudge out there when it's THAT cold, so working conditions really aren't an issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.