Thread: LE quandry
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-12, 5:34pm

Quote:
Thanks, Mike.

Just a suggestion - if you are no longer checking the Mike@ e-mail address and only the 'Michael' one - you may want to set up an auto-responder to let folks (like me) who are simply using the same address we've used for years know that you aren't checking the other any more. I'd hate to think of the business you may be losing simply because people (like me) can't figure out why all of a sudden we can't get an answer from you. Had I received a message saying the e-mail address didn't exist or directing me to the new(?) e-mail address to use it would have avoided me questioning what was going on over there
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whilst in theory this sounds okay - its one of the quickest ways currently to have your mail domain blacklisted - with the result that legit outgoing mail will be dumped before it hits your customers mailbox.

Automatic responders multiply the amount of junk mail internet providers & corporate mail systems have to handle - if your mail system is detected automatically bouncing mail - its a quick trip onto the "real time blacklists"

Mail forwarding - from old to new - sometimes just isnt possible for extended periods (or at all).