Thread: Make Up Air?
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 12:26pm
TJ

Thanks for your replies.

The "black thing" in the window is just an illusion; I took the photo at night and it is dark outside, that's all. The window is plexiglass we cut holes to fit.

Yes, it is 12" diameter outside, but I made it narrow to 6" so I could still have a little bit of natural light in the room. Even if I give that up now, the rest of the system is secured in the window and it can't come out. I only have a dremel tool to cut the plexiglass, and I worry that I cannot do that now with the plexi vertical in the window. (As crafty as I am, this is my first "tool girl" job!)

I just tried straightening out the makeup duct as you suggested. It still won't blow air with the door to the room open. However, when I close it, it DOES then work. Some air is whooshing under the door and around it still, too. Would that balance of air coming from 2 places suffice?

I also still worry that if that duct is not directed right at the draw of the fan I will freeze to death in winter. My hubby says to tell you that the weather is similar to North Dakota. A blast of -22C wind on my legs, even for a second, would be nasty! I am starting to wonder if anyone has a working system in cold weather without extra heating...

Please, more advice?
My Mission and metier: to mindfully and meticulously master the movement of marvelous molten, both mentally and manually, in order to metamorphosis a melting mass into meretricious, memorable makings.