Thread: Make Up Air?
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-04, 2:09pm
TJ

Losthelm, I'd like to know that too (and yes the outlet has the fan, the other side is just ducting)... but I am still wondering if I can just CLOSE THE DOOR on the room, as the makeup air vent DOES WORK then. No one has explained to me how/why that would be bad (or if it would be). I'd really like to know though. I need to understand.

I know, I may have to resort to a space heater most of the year, but that sometimes blows the breaker if I am not careful.

Dale, I read them all... I do understand your point (needs to be equal drag/distance/area on each side), only was hoping to find a workaround, misguided as that may be!

Mark, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I do plan to add baffles around the back and some of the side (using metal flashing), I just don't want to get that stuff in the way when I am still trying to permanently position the makeup air ducting, so I have left it for last.
My Mission and metier: to mindfully and meticulously master the movement of marvelous molten, both mentally and manually, in order to metamorphosis a melting mass into meretricious, memorable makings.